Monday, January 13, 2014

It's Been A While.

Life can change so drastically and so wonderfully within such a short amount of time.

Last semester I did not do so well in my classes but I passed, that's not saying much, for myself. I was planning on graduating a semester earlier than my projected class mates were..but I am debating on retaking those classes for a better grade, and taking more art classes, of course my true love. So it would be Spring 2015 instead of Fall 2014. This will also give me time to think about where I want to go to college. I am having a debate within my head daily of where I want to go and what schools I can actually get into with my current GPA vs. my GPA if I retook those classes and it seems that if I retake those classes I can have a better chance of getting into some better more focused schools. I am still planning on forensic accounting.

This is turning into an update.

So as I'm sitting here with my sbux and bagel listening to this weird techno background music from a different art class I'm wondering, what school do I want to go to. I don't want to leave Saint George but I know I will have to for the two semesters. Side note, as I'm writing this the song home comes on, which is really why I don't want to leave Saint George, if you have heard the song you will get it. But what school I really want to go to is Utah State and of course its 6 hours away in the freezing cold. Utah is my second choice and  I am going to apply to both I am also going to look into UNLV. I really just don't want to be far away.

I know the first rule of life is to never let someone or something stand in the way or change your mind about your own future, but I don't feel like it is the right choice to move away anymore. There are multiple reasons including little miss Kylah Marie my wonderful niece.

There's this book I'm reading for Marketing class and it has this proverbs at the beginning of every chapter and the first one is my favorite so far and really makes sense to my situation right now.

"You never miss the water until the well has run dry." - Irish Proverb

I feel like my well isn't dry but it's starting to run out in Saint George pertaining to my education. I can only go so far here.

No comments:

Post a Comment